10/07/10: Campus Crime

Fraternal disorder

On the morning of Oct. 2, at 3:30 a.m. a patrolling officer made contact two males who yelled expletives at him from the front porch of the Kappa Alpha Fraternity. The officer requested identification from the students. The student appeared agitated and ready to fight. Both students provided identification after the officer demanded it a fourth time.

When asked how much alcohol they had consumed, both students replied none. One of the students was holding a can of Keystone Light beer when he responded.

A third fraternity member arrived on the scene and was ordered to leave the area. He refused and continued to make derogatory statements about GTPD while drinking from several cans of beer lying around the front porch.

The student then approached the officer, who ordered him to leave once more. After refusing again, the officer informed him that he was being placed under arrest. At this point, the student ran inside the fraternity house, where he stood behind the locked door, laughing, drinking and asking, “What are you going to do from out there?”

After the student refused to open the door, the officer drew his baton and began to force entry into the house. The student pleaded for the officer to stop and exited the house. All three students were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, possession of alcohol by a minor and obstructing a police officer.

Aggressive Audi

A GTPD officer observed an Audi A8 traveling east on the sidewalk of Tenth Street between Williams Street and Spring Street at approximately 2:20 a.m. on Oct. 3. After pulling over the vehicle, it was discovered that there was a warrant for the driver’s arrest.

At the time of arrest, the driver was found to have a bag containing 26 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition, three .40 caliber magazines and one registered Springfield XD-40 handgun with a light attachment.