Men’s basketball signs two

Photo by Austin Foote

Tech officially added two players to its 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday when Tadric Jackson and Ben Lammers signed their National Letters of Intent.

Scout.com lists the 6-foot-2 Jackson as a four-star prospect and ranks him the 19th best shooting guard in the nation. Jackson is from Tifton, Ga. and attends Tift County High School.

According to the AJC, Jackson is cousins with current Tech guard Chris Bolden. He is the fifth player from the state of Georgia to sign with Tech since Brian Gregory took over as coach. Jackson had offers from several other schools including Georgia, Clemson, Tennessee and Florida State.

“Tadric has been our top guard priority in the class of 2014 since we arrived three years ago. He is a complete guard with the ability to score in a variety of ways, explode to the basket, create for others and defend with intensity,” Gregory said, courtesy of ramblinwreck.com. 

Ben Lammers is a 6-foot-10 center out of San Antonio, Texas where he attends Alamo Heights High School. Lammers is a three-star prospect, according to scout.com, and they have him ranked the 19th best center in the country. Lammers also took visits to Miami and Marquette, but in the end decided to become a Jacket. Lammers averaged 14.6 points per game and 10.6 rebounds per game during his junior year of high school.

“He is a perfect fit regarding our needs for next year and into the future. Ben’s skill package will be a great asset to our post play,” Gregory said.