2010 football schedule announced

On Thursday, Feb. 4, Tech’s 2010 football schedule was released. The season kicks off on Sept. 4 when the Jackets will host South Carolina State. The following week will see Tech travel out to Lawrence to take on the University of Kansas, which will be the first game in the home-and-home series with the Jayhawks.

The ACC schedule starts in Chapel Hill on Sept. 18 against the North Carolina Tar Heels, a potential Coastal Division contender. The Jackets will then face off against N.C State on the Flats. After a third road game coming against Wake Forest in week six, the Jackets return home to face Virginia and Middle Tennessee State.

The brunt of the ACC schedule kicks off with the a game at Clemson on Oct. 23, the defending Atlantic Division Champions. Tech’s lone Thursday night game comes against another Tech in the form of Virginia Tech on Nov. 4 in Blacksburg, Va.

Tech returns home the following Saturday to take on Miami and closes the ACC schedule with Duke at Bobby Dodd Stadium.

The annual in-state rivalry against UGA will take place on Nov. 27 up in Athens.

With the bottom-heavy schedule, the Jackets ability to stay healthy will be paramount to success in the 2010 season. In particular, the Nov. games against in-division opponents Miami and Virginia Tech will most likely play significant roles in determining the Coastal Division Championship.