09/23/10: HOT or NOT

What’s HOT and what’s NOT around campus this week.

Hot: Naughty Novak

B.J. Novak had the crowd rolling in the Ferst Center on Sunday. Having on campus entertainment that students truly want to see is always welcome. It is also much appreciated that Novak finally performed at Tech, even if it is two years after he initially announced he was going to come onto campus. Novak’s casual and occasionally crude style was a nice change for Tech.

Not: Power struggle

The power outage that plagued students on campus and many trying to get home on Thursday just made the mid-week blues that much worse. Atlanta traffic is abysmal, but it is borderline hellish when the traffic lights don’t work and no one remembers the part of the driving instruction manual that says an intersection with broken lights is a four-way stop.

Hot: Early Luda-christmas

Students get an early gift this year as Atlanta-native Ludacris will perform in the parking lot of AMC on Oct. 7. Hopefully, Luda will not disappoint as Lil’ Jon did earlier in the year, but based on his previous performances at Tech, Luda should be a must see for all Tech students who want a reprieve from their studies or parents on the Friday of Homecoming.

Not: Window watchers

The construction at the North Avenue Apartments is going exactly as students planned: highly inconvenient and inappropriately invasive. While all students living in NAA were informed of the situation prior to signing their housing contracts, on-campus housing was not plentiful, and closing blinds doesn’t take the creepy factor out of having people outside the window.