Hot or Not

It was a wild day for ESPN and contracts last Thursday. While most of the nation tuned in for LeBron James’s televised contract announcement, ESPN also inked a 12-year contract with the ACC for exclusive television rights to all conference controlled football games and men’s basketball games, amongst other sports. It should lead to more athletes being exposed to a national audience, always a good thing.

A current Tech student is suing the school for injuries suffered after falling from the Ramblin’ Wreck on April 16 of last year. While making a left turn onto Ferst Drive from Techwood Drive, the railing the student was holding on to broke loose from the car. The safety and health of students is always of the utmost importance and we hope that nothing like this will ever happen again.

Comedian Heather McDonald performed at The Punchline Comedy Club from July 8-10, promoting her new book, “You’ll Never Blue Ball in This Town Again: One Woman’s Painfully Funny Quest to Give It Up.” The book chronicles a young woman’s tale of aggressively teasing the opposite sex. Her stand-up routine, on the other hand, left her crowd completely satisfied.

Atlanta Fire Department had to be called to the Mason Building on July 7 for a fire scare. It turned out to be burnt plastic in an oven. Luckily, no was injured. When things like this happen, it is always baffling that the problem was probably just leaving the plastic in the oven too long or setting the temperature too high. Next time, use a counter or set the power to low.