Hot-or-Not

The Black Leadership Conference allowed minority and non-minority students alike to participate in a session that brought several noteworthy speakers to campus. Holding such events on campus reenforces the importance of campus diversity. Hopefully this conference will, as the name insists, highten minority leadership on campus as it is currently lacking.

The evacuation of Fields Dormitory last Thursday forced the displacement of nearly all freshmen honors students. While it is commendable that many of the upperclassmen honor students offered to house the displaced freshmen, it would have been more advantageous if such an incident did not occur in the first place, leaving the freshmen to study in peace.

The early season success of men’s lacrosse is a wonderful reminder that non-scholarship athletes at Tech also represent the Institute with pride. The dominating wins over Reinhart College and the University of Alabama this weekend moved the Jackets to a 4-0 start on the season. This also gives students an opportunity to support their fellow students as the men’s lacrosse plays their home matches at SAC fields.

The news coming out of the audit JFC that a Tech student attempted to get funds for a club that the student was not even a part of in order to pocket the money raises many eyebrows as to the oversight of the money SGA dispenses. While this appears to be an isolated incident, this potentially five-figure fiasco should not be taken lightheartedly and any potential legal remedies should be sought.