Our Views: Hot or Not

HOT: Inauguration day

It’s hard to believe that Clough announced his departure a year ago, but we all officially began a new era this week with President G. P. “Bud” Peterson starting his first day on the job and a student-authored white paper with new directions for the Institute being released. We hope the honeymoon period endures and Tech continues on an upward trend.

NOT: Dangerous detour

The Atlanta crime wave flooded into campus this week when two Tech students walking through the darkly lit Skiles Walkway detour were robbed at gunpoint. Students are now being forced to put their safety at stake when walking through the heart of campus, a significant factor the administration should have taken into account when designing the detour paths.

HOT:Dirty talk

Famed porn star Ron Jeremy joined church founder Craig Ross this week in the Great Porn Debate, where students got an entertaining look at both sides of the issue and even a chance to have their body parts autographed by the star of films like Orgazmo. A little fun variety goes a long way at Tech, with students filing into the Ferst Center for the talk.

NOT: Failed flicks

Campus Movie Fest is a fun Tech tradition that gets both students’ creative and competitive juices flowing. For the first time in several years—and following wins at the National Grand Finale for Best Picture and Best Drama—Tech did not take a single win home at the Southern Regional Grand Finale this past weekend. First men’s basketball, now Campus Movie Fest?