OUR VIEWS: Hot or Not

HOT: Graduate rankings

The US News and World Report released their graduate rankings last week, and Tech continued the Institute’s long history of excellence. The College of Engineering retained its position in the top five, while the College of Management ranked in the top 30. Impressively, the College of Computing broke the top ten for the first time this year, with the Artificial Intelligence program placing seventh.

NOT: UHResponsibility

Student Government Association has been reviewing the upcoming budget that will determine the financial options for hundreds of campus organizations for the last few meetings. During last Tuesday’s meeting to review and potentially pass the budget, the Undergraduate House of Representatives lost quorum two times, showing a depressing lack of responsibility on the part of UHR members.

HOT: Billionaire rewarded

Ted Turner received the Ivan Allen Junior Legacy Award for Progress and Service at the college’s Founder’s Day ceremony. During his acceptance speech Turner invoked the intelligence and common sense of Tech students, while highlighting the necessity of sustainability in the future.

NOT: Game, set, loss

Men’s tennis lost 5-2 during last week’s match against Wake Forest. Despite the tough competition both Eliot Potvin and Guillermo Gomez were able to pull out victories in the one and four singles matches. This loss puts the men’s team at 1-6 in ACC play, with an overall record of 11-9.