Campus Crime: 02/18/11

Cover up

GTPD arrested a male suspect on the second floor of the Student Center on charges of public indecency and criminal trespass. Police responded to a report of a man exposing himself just outside of the Student Center computer lab around 1 p.m. on Feb. 12. Upon arriving, the responding officer observed a black male with the top of his penis exposed through the fly of his jeans. The subject was holding a small book and touching himself inappropriately. According to the police report, he appeared to be staring at a female seated nearby. The officer placed the subject under arrest after ordering him to cover himself and stand up.

Going green

A driver operating a Toyota Prius was arrested for possession of marijuana after being pulled over for a broken passenger-side tail light on Feb. 13. The arresting officer noticed an odor of marijuana emanating from the car.Police found a Ziploc back with what they believed to be marijuana located in the center console of the car. The suspect stated that the bag was his and was arrested for possession of marijuana. The subject was also issued a citation for a broken tail light.

Tags and bags

On Monday, Feb. 14, an officer pulled over a silver truck after noticing an improper drive out tag.The officer called for backup after the truck took an extended period of time to come to a stop. The driver didn’t roll down his window until the officer approached. The officer immediately smelled a marijuana odor.
With the driver still in the front seat, the officer noticed a green leafy substance near where the driver was sitting. The driver was then taken to the rear of the vehicle and patted down. While walking around the vehicle after his search, the officer noticed a small bag containing a green leafy substance. The suspect was placed under arrest and transported to Fulton County Jail.