Campus Crime

On May 30, at around 11 p.m., a police officer responded to a report of a suspicious male pulling on the doors of the Sigma Chi fraternity house. The officer located the suspect at the intersection of Techwood Drive and Fifth Street. The suspect initially denied being near the fraternity house, stating he was only looking for something to eat. The suspect stated that he had AIDS, was going to die soon and he needed food. Eventually, the suspect admitted to having tried to gain access to the fraternity in order to get some food and alcohol. The suspect then became agitated with the officer. Upon searching the suspect, the officer found a crack pipe. The suspect was taken to Fulton County Jail.

On June 5, at approximately 4 a.m., a police officer noticed a parked car with its doors open. Upon inspection of the vehicle, it was discovered that a white male was behind the wheel and appeared to be asleep. Once the suspect woke up, the officer noticed a strong smell of alcohol on the suspect. At that point, an ambulance was requested. The suspect was transported to Grady EMS and was then released.

On June 7, at about 10:30 a.m., a victim reported that a Tech teacher’s assistant had harassed her. The suspect and the victim were friends, but then the victim claimed that the suspect wanted to pursue a romantic relationship. The victim claimed that a few weeks prior, the suspect had been following her. On the week of May 24, the suspect approached the victim in Peters Parking Deck. The suspect began to speak to the victim, but the victim said that she did not want to talk. The victim continued to walk to her car when the suspect grabbed her shoulder, knocking her purse to the ground. The suspect then grabbed the victim’s leg, and the victim fell to the ground. The victim’s sister then arrived on the scene, and the suspect left.