News Briefs

News Briefs

On the night of April 20, a woman was robbed at gunpoint at Ferst Dr. and Cherry St. on a walk to her car from the library. The male suspect approached the girl, pulled a gun and demanded her belongings. Instead, she gave him cash.

He fled the scene on foot and was last seen on North Avenue. No one was hurt during the incident. The suspect was described as a light skinned black male, around 25 years of age, 5’ 8” medium build with a gray t-shirt.

In broad daylight on April 21, several residents of a house in the Home Park neighborhood were robbed at gunpoint. The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. One of the suspects had originally appeared to the residents as an interested tenant responding to the “For Rent” sign posted outside of the house.

The suspect requested a tour of the house. The residents showed the suspect the inside of the house, the suspect left and then returned with two other males in a white vehicle with a partial tag of “ARI.” They were armed.

After gathering the house’s four residents and forcing them into a room, they took several of their belongings and left in an unknown direction. The first suspect was described as a black male, around 6’ tall, bald with a dark complexion. The other two suspects were both described as having similar height and complexion.