Campus Crime

On Feb. 17, an officer was flagged down by an individual at North Avenue near the intersection of Northside Drive and informed that there was a man lying on the roadway in front of 645 Northside Drive. The individual then left the scene. The officer approached the area and found the subject asleep on the roadway. He was able to wake the subject, and acquire his identification. The subject was found to have a warrant for his arrest following a background check through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC). As a result, the subject was placed under arrest and transported to the Fulton County Jail.

An officer was dispatched to 120 North Avenue, in reference to a towing accident at the bus turnaround in the North Avenue Apartment complex. The Parking and Transportation Department hired a tow service in order to remove an illegally parked Honda Civic. As the tow truck driver began to hook the vehicle to his truck, he damaged the rear bumper of the vehicle. The bumper had been pulled and partially separated from the vehicle. The officer conducted a check of the vehicle through NCIC/GCIC records and was unable to contact the owner of the vehicle. The incident was documented.

A resident informed GTPD that there was marijuana smell coming from an outside stairwell at Towers Residence hall on east campus. An officer made contact with two individuals who were suspected by the resident of committing the offense, and questioned both of them as to whether or not they had been smoking marijuana. Both suspects denied the offense. The officer searched each of the suspects’ rooms and found no signs of marijuana.