WingNuts to leave location early

WingNuts will close its doors at its North Ave. location on Feb. 28, earlier than the expected relocation date of April 30. The restaurant previously announced plans to relocate to near West Campus, specifically to Marietta St. adjacent to Engineer’s Bookstore and Spoon restaurant. The move was necessitated by Auxiliary Services announcement of plans to build a dining hall in North Ave, using the space that was previously reserved for retail. Construction for the dining hall has already begun in that area.

When asked how Auxiliary Services was responding to the new relocation date, Lara Sexton, Tech’s retail services manager said, “We were fully prepared to demo [demolition] around them after the students made it very clear that they wanted the restaurant to stay open as long as possible. They have been a very good tenant since our acquisition of the North Avenue apartments, and as much as we dislike having to close them at all, our need for a dining hall at this location was our first priority.”

WingNuts has communicated to Auxiliary Services that they plan on continuing with their take-out, delivery and late night food service options in an attempt to cater to campus from their new home.