Campus Crime

White trash bag

At approximately noon on Oct. 28, officers responded to a call about a suspicious male in the Barnes and Noble Bookstore. The individual was described as wearing only a white trash bag around his waist. Officers made contact with the suspect near the entrance of the store. The suspect was in possession of a t-shirt and pair of shorts, which was later confirmed to have been stolen.

Upon questioning, the suspect claimed to have entered the Barnes and Noble after being robbed of all his possessions, including his clothes. He also advised that he was in possession of his cell phone during, and after the robbery but did not call for any police assistance.

When asked why he did not seek help from an employee at the counter, the suspect admitted that there were circumstances surrounding his state that he did not wish to discuss. Atlanta Police arrived on the scene and arrested the suspect for indecent exposure.

Foot Race

On Oct. 24, an officer was dispatched to the Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity house after a call about several people throwing items at the fraternity house. The officer was notified that the people involved were currently several yards down, walking along the sidewalk of Ferst Drive. The officer gave chase, catching up to approximately ten people in the courtyard of the Architecture building.

The officer had the entire group walk back to the fraternity house, and the complainant only identified one person in the bunch as being involved in the incident. The complainant stated that a group of Georgia state students, who were members of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, were in their yard and irate at not being allowed into a closed party that night. A representative for the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity decided not to press formal charges because no damage was done to the house. The suspect was issued a criminal trespass warning and allowed to leave the area.