Campus Crime

Selected crime reports from around campus.

An officer was dispatched to the Brown Residence Hall on Aug. 28 to investigate a report of a possibly intoxicated underage female. The complainant directed the officer to the offender who was found to have attended a party earlier that night where she had played beer pong, except with shots of liquor substituted for beer. Grady EMS determined the offender was alert, responsive and in no need of further medical attention.

Also on Aug. 28, an officer noticed a gold Toyota Corolla driving the wrong way on a one-way street near Fifth Street.

The officer attempted to pull the vehicle over, however, the driver leaned out the window, extended two middle fingers, and stated, “I am looking for State Street, so I’ll just turn around and go there.”

The suspect then made a U-turn and headed northbound onto West Peachtree Street. The vehicle accelerated, with the officer in pursuit, fish-trailing across three lanes of traffic, disregarding red lights, before running over a sidewalk area where the officer’s car blew a tire.

The suspect continued one more block whereupon the vehicle rolled to a stop due to the damages it had sustained.

At that point, the driver exited the vehicle and threw his keys to the ground. He was subsequently arrested under charges of fleeing and eluding a police officer, driving the wrong way on a one-way street, failure to obey a traffic control device, reckless driving and having no license on his person.

A supposed fraudulent use of a financial transaction card occurred on Aug. 25 when a complainant claimed that $350 worth of textbooks had been charged to his Buzzcard without his knowledge. He claimed he had possession of the card and did not order the books.