Campus Crime

Dude, where’s my bike?

On Saturday March 28, at around 2 p.m., a male pedestrian at the intersection of Fowler St. and Fifth St. flagged down a police officer regarding his stolen motorcycle. The victim stated that his silver Yamaha motorcycle was missing. The male said that he had parked his motorcycle near the south side staircase of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house the previous night, and noticed it was missing the next morning.

There was also a witness that recalled seeing a motorcycle parked there earlier in the morning. The motorcycle was valued at $5,050.

Thief gets cold feet

On Friday March 27, a burglary was reported in the Boggs Building. Police went to room 165, the office for Tech’s Center for Relativistic Astrophysics.

A professor reported that he noticed pry marks on the door to his office, but that the subject did not attempt to enter any other offices in the area. The professor also noted that nothing appeared to be missing.

On March 30, police were called to the Sustainable Education Building on a report of attempted burglary. Between 8 a.m. Thursday and 5 p.m. Friday, the subject attempted to enter an office, leaving pry marks from a screw driver or pry bar.

Although the subject did not successfully remove anything, he/she left a damaged door, lock and frame in his/her wake.

Jack my ride

On March 31, at around about 2 a.m., police were dispatched to Maulding to meet a witness to an automobile being entered. The police officer met with the witness, who stated that a few minutes prior saw a male dressing in dark clothing enter a vehicle. The individual fled the scene, after setting off the alarm system.

The owner arrived at his vehicle, less than an hour later, responding to the alarm. He stated that the day before, while his car was parked behind the CRC, a variety of items were stolen from inside his car, such as an Apple iPod, car radio, and various clothing items.