Campus Crime

Terroristic Threats

Nov. 14, police responded to a report of terroristic threats. They met with a student who stated that in the morning her ex-boyfriend entered her apartment uninvited and threatened to kill her.

The victim said that at around 2 a.m., her ex-boyfriend woke her and began to yell and throw things. Reportedly, he was trying to persuade her to get back together with him. After telling him “no,” the victim said that the ex-boyfriend resumed yelling and throwing things and said that he would have a friend named “Dirty” come and kill her.

The ex-boyfriend left after taking the victim’s cell phone, only to return soon after to return the cell phone and take some boxes of belongings. The victim told the police that she feared for the well-being of herself and her roommate. A detective contacted the ex-boyfriend, who stated that he would not return to the victim’s apartment.

Suspicious Circumstances

Nov. 17, GTPD met with the Housing director for Hemphill Apartments regarding an information report. The Housing director told the police that a week ago, painters had entered a student’s room and noticed unknown chemicals cooking in the room, causing paint to peel off the wall.

The Housing director entered the room and verified the painters’ account, later emailing the student to ask him to dismantle the set-=up and dispose of the chemicals found in the room.

Later the same day, the Housing director spoke with the student’s roommate about the issue, who stated the setup had been dismantled, but all the liquids were still in the room.

The roommate also recalled that the student had mentioned his interest in explosive chemicals. The roommate added that he often heard banging and drilling in the student’s room.

The Housing director entered the student’s room later in the day, and confirmed that the liquids were still in the room. She also noticed several bottles with tubes coming out of them.

From the images taken on the housing director’s cell phone, the police could not identify what the liquids were. The police contacted a detective and an official from Environmental Health and Safety, who all agreed to meet with the student to identify the chemicals.