From the files of the GTPD…

Creep of the week

A resident of Eighth St. Apartments reported to GTPD that she received a harassing, anonymous e-mail containing statements, such as, that the unknown writer had watched her through her bedroom window and that the writer wanted to join the “mile high club” with her, as well as containing specific references to her family. The e-mail had the return address “[email protected].”

Wind beneath my solar panels

Violent storms on the night of Feb. 25 and through the next morning caused thousands of dollars in damages to roofs across campus. At the CRC, solar heating and electrical panels on the top of the roof suffered $40,000 in damage.

At the Alexander Memorial Coliseum, water damage to the roof will cost $4,900 to be repaired and interior damage to the sheet rock and paint between the roof and ceiling of the Coliseum will cost $3,000 to fix.

Watch where you aim that…

A resident of Glenn Residence Hall was viewing the Facebook profile of an old friend when he saw a photograph of his friend holding what appeared to be a rifle, pointing it at an unknown location and standing atop a building located on or near the Tech campus. The Bank of America building could be seen in the background of the photo.

After reporting the suspicious circumstances to the GTPD, an officer viewed the profile and found another photograph in which the person was aiming a revolver at the camera. The Glenn resident said he met the man in the profile while they both lived in Smith Residence Hall, but that he hasn’t talked to him in over a year and is unsure if he still lived on campus.

The rope, the rope is on fire!

On Saturday, March 1 at around 3 a.m., an officer responded to a report of a fire in the lower level of Peters Parking Deck, where he found a 120-foot rope “fully evolved in flames.”

He put out the flames with a fire extinguisher but since it continued to smolder, he called the Atlanta Fire Department, who was able to fully extinguish the flames.

Afterwards, members of the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity approached the officer to report that the rope was stolen from the first-level hallway of their house within the past hour and a half, and gave the value of the rope at approximately $350. A TKE member reported that several persons outside of the fraternity know the code to open their house’s front door.