Voegele takes on The Earl

Photo courtesy of Interscope Records

Whether you know her from her recurring stint on One Tree Hill, her presence on television and film soundtracks including Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and Newport Harbor or from her albums that have peaked in the Top 10 on the US Billboard 200 charts, Kate Voegele has seemingly done it all.

From the start, the 28-year-old singer-songwriter’s career has been anything but ordinary. Inspired by her Cleveland, Ohio, roots and her father’s musicality, Voegele began learning guitar and writing her own songs at the age of 15.

After releasing a few extended plays and earning local radio airplay, she began putting her music on her MySpace page. After being contacted by the social media website’s owner, Tom Anderson, Voegele soon had a record contract with Interscope Records.

The singer described her initial response, saying, “I thought it was a fake message. I mean does Tom really even exist, let alone go on MySpace and send messages to random people? But sure enough, it was totally legitimate, and the next week I was out in LA meeting and showcasing for him.”

From there, the fame and opportunities did not stop: Voegele gained a four-year-long recurring role as Mia Catalano on One Tree Hill, which allowed her to both act and perform her songs on the show.

Voegele continued to achieve notoriety through her chart-topping singles from her own three studio albums—Don’t Look Away, A Fine Mess and Gravity Happens—as well as her prevalence among numerous compilation albums, including DisneyMania 6, the AT&T Team USA Soundtrack and, of course, the One Tree Hill soundtrack.

In the past, Voegele has played alongside chart-toppers including John Mayer, Jordin Sparks and Natasha Bedingfield. Now, she’s the headliner of her two-month-long tour, set to perform at The Earl in Atlanta on Jan. 22.

The “Wild Card Tour” comes after the Nov. 2014 release of her EP, Wild Card, and precedes the much-anticipated upcoming release of her fourth studio album, set for later this season.