City Scene

Lil Wayne: I’m Still Music

Lil Wayne will be bringing it down on the Philips Arena stage this Saturday, April 9. As part of his I’m Still Music 2011 Tour, Lil Wayne will be joined on stage by fellow hip-pop sensations Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj. Having been nominated for and won countless MTV, BET and Grammy awards, Lil Wayne’s uniquely identifiable voice and style makes him one of the most iconic rappers of this generation. With special guests Travis Barker from Blink-182 and Mixmaster Mike of the Beastie Boys, this show will be full of pleasant surprises. The show starts at 7 p.m. and the ticket price ranges start around $60 based on seating. This star-packed performance is definitely worth the cost and will certainly make this weekend an unforgettable experience. Refer to www.philipsarena.com for more information.

Vampire Love OnStage

Grab one of your last chances to see a production of Johnny Drago’s Kiss of the Vampire this weekend at OnStage Atlanta. In its second to last weekend of showing, the play is comedy fest centered on the lives of gay couple Vince, who is bitten by a blood-thirsty bat, and Arthur, who attempts to stop his boyfriend from transforming into the undead. Theatre buffs with less of a conventional mindset will no doubt enjoy this sexy romantic comedy. On the other hand, Twilight fans might be disappointed through the lack of realistic vampire tree-jumping action. Performances start at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 5 p.m. on Sunday. For the ticket price of $12-20 and a $3 discount for students, bring a date or friends and enjoy a strangely humorous weekend. Please check www.onstageatlanta.com for more information.

Atlanta Blooms! at Botanical Garden

Spring is here and the Botanical Garden is celebrating the season with its Atlanta Blooms! event. Witness 200,00 buds bloom in an eye-blindingly colorful display. The buds will consist of a mix of tulips, daffodils, hyacinth, crocus and many more, half of which were newly planted last fall, just for the occasion. This is a great alternative for those who prefer a quieter weekend activity than concerts and shows. The event is for Friday and Saturday only, and the ticket will cover all other events in the Garden as well. Refer to atlantabotanicalgarden.org for more information.