City Scene

Seinfeld at the Fox

Renowned and award-winning actor, author, producer and stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld will grace the stage of the Fox Theater this Saturday night, March 12, at 7 p.m. Perhaps best known for his star role in the classic televised comedy Seinfeld, Seinfeld made countless cameo appearances on both the big and small screen afterwards. The impressive list includes 30 Rock, Saturday Night Live and The Bee Movie. If people and their friends are looking for a good laugh, the Fox will provide a night of traditional stand-up comedy from an indisputable cultural icon for the price of $50 – $80 per person. For more information, please refer to www.foxtheatre.org.

Globetrotting Philips Arena

Philips Arena is proud to present the worldly famous Harlem Globetrotters for a game of exhibition basketball on Saturday afternoon, March 12, at 1 p.m. With a historical winning percentage of 98.4 percent since the team’s creation in 1926, the Globetrotters are known for its combination of comedy and showmanship while playing basketball. If stand-up comedy is not your style of entertainment, then feast your eyes on the spectacle of the New York based super-team. While being entertained, have your heart melt away by Globie, the team mascot, and ‘Sweet Georgia Brown,’ the iconic team song. Tickets range from $55 – $85, and it is fun for the friends and family alike. For more information, please visit www.philipsarena.com.

Breman’s Gold Age Superheroes

Sponsored by Cartoon Network, The Breman Jewish Heritage and Holocaust Museum continues its “ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950” exhibit this weekend. For comic book and superhero lovers, this is a great opportunity to learn about the beginnings of some of the most iconic superheroes today such as Superman, Captain America, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. Through a vast variety of artwork, displays and other media forms, audience will explore the politically and economically unstable 1930s and 1940s as well as the inspirations behind Jewish comic artists. For the low student discount price of $6 admissions, do not miss this exhibition before it ends on May 8. Visit www.thebreman.org for more information.

Green Underground Atlanta

Prepare yourself for St. Patrick’s Day this year by celebrating the iconic Irish holiday beforehand on Saturday, March 12 at Underground Atlanta. The 129th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will kick off the festival which will feature many live Irish entertainers incorporated into a full-day of family activities. Danny Ray Cole, local Atlanta Irish musician, will roam the area playing his plethora of Irish instruments. Emerge yourself in a sea of green this weekend for absolutely free. For more information, please visit www.underground-atlanta.com.