City Scene

Yeasayer is an indie, experimental band from Brooklyn, NY. They released their (fabulous) second studio album, Odd Blood, in Feb. of this year. For all of you indie rock fans out there, this band is a must in your iTunes library. The group is coming to Atlanta this coming Tuesday, April 6 to perform at the Masquerade. If you haven’t heard the sweet sounds of Yeasayer, this weekend is a great time to start so you can then witness them in all of their glory at the Masquerade next Tuesday. The show begins at 8 p.m. Check out their MySpace site to get a taste of their music. For those who already are familiar with Yeasyer, this is a concert that should certainly not be missed.

In celebration of Easter, this Saturday, beginning at 1 p.m., Atlantic Station will be hosting a family-friendly Easter festival. Family pets are welcome at the event. It will include festivities such as a marshmallow peep-toss and a pet Easter Egg hunt. The event is free for all and there will even be an Easter Bunny in attendance for your photography pleasure. The event is no doubt going to be a great deal of fun. After all, who doesn’t love to spend one of the first nice weekends in months with big furry holiday mascots and hunts for candy-filled plastic eggs? For more information visit the event .

The adorably dressed indie rock band, Vampire Weekend, from New York City, NY will be gracing Atlanta with their collared shirts and catchy tunes (which have very little to do with vampires) next Thursday, April 8 at the Tabernacle. They will be performing songs from their popular 2007 self-titled debut and their recent album, Contra, which was released Jan. 11 of this year. The group has made recent high-profile appearances on shows like SNL, Letterman and Jimmy Falon. For more information on the band, along with their tour dates check out their .

Sting Break musicians were recently announced, much to student anticipation. Jet will be the main attraction, with Crash Kings starting up the show as the opening performance. Crash Kings are an alternative, indie group from Las Angeles who released their self-titled debut in 2009. Jet, known for their popular “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” and “Cold Hard Bitch,” will be here for your viewing pleasure for a small fee of $5 with a BuzzCard and $10 for guests. The performances will be on Thursday, April 8 in the Burger Bowl, and it is a rain-or-shine event that will kick off at 7 p.m. and will end around 11 p.m. For more information, visit the Facebook page dedicated to the Sting Break concert and check for updates in the Student Center.

Set to take place in one of Atlanta’s most breath-taking urban locations, the 74th Annual Dogwood Festival is scheduled for April 16-18 hosted in Piedmont Park. Right at the peak of spring, this classic Atlanta festival will include art showings, craft vendors, live entertainment (which will include a variety of genres from music to comedy), great food, an international village with cultural exchange pavilions and even a flying disc dog show and pet competition. There is plenty of time to plan ahead to come celebrate the beginning of spring in a beautiful location just a ten-minute walk from Tech square. Enjoy all that the Dogwood Festival has to offer. For more information regarding this exciting event, visit the .