City Scene

The dances of sugarplums are hard pressed to match the shear decadence of Four Seasons Hotel’s Chocolate Buffet. Returning this year, the Chocolate Buffet will treat chocoholics every Friday and Saturday from Feb. 26 until March 26. Furthermore, if an endless buffet of fifteen shifting chocolate confections is not enough motivation, each Friday of the Chocolate Buffet will host a local celebrity. These Celebrity Chocolate Nights will have the celebrities share both their life experiences and a tasty recipe! Each buffet is only $20 per person and begins at 9 p.m. inside Park 75, the Four Seasons’ premier restaurant. More information can be found at www.fourseasons.com.

Fans of comedians will have an amazing time this March when both Lewis Black and GabrielIglesias perform in Atlanta. On March 6, Black, occasional Daily Show commentatorand best comedian to play on personal anger since Don Rickles, will storm the stage of theCobb Energy Performing Arts Center. His howling insights will certainly carry the eveningto raucous laughter. That same night, Iglesias, the “fluffy” comic and self-proclaimed loverof chocolate cake, takes the Tabernacle with his unique voices, large presence and charm.Which venue with to flock on March 6 is a difficult choice, but rest assured there are no negative outcomes except to exempt from both. Gabriel Iglesias’ show begins at 7 p.m. with admission of $34 while Lewis Black’s begins at 8 p.m. for $47.50. Tickets are available at www.tabernacleatl.com and www.cobbenergycentre.com respectively and both comics are absolutely hilarious.

For fans of Disney’s Mulan, the story of the Alliance Theater’s newest musical production will be extremely familiar. The tale of a young woman overcoming adversity and saving a Chinese empire from conquering Huns is the plotline of Disney’s Mulan and this performance does nothing to rock the boat. With every note and lyric booming from the stage, any musical fan may easily enjoy this hour-long rehashing of a recent Disney classic. Mulan is a weekend only performance from Feb. 27 to March 14. Performances will begin at 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. with the exception of opening day. Tickets are $35 and available online at www.alliancetheatre.org.