City Scene

The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra will be performing in the Atlanta Symphony Hall at the Woodruff Arts Center this weekend. Conducted by the rising Finnish star Mr. Hannu Lintu, this performance is dedicated to history’s various acclaimed Russian composers and their music of passion. The show’s highlights include Tchaikovsky’s version of the worldly renowned ballet classic , Glazunov’s popular Violin Concerto featuring the talented violinist Tai Murray and Shostakovich’s . If a bit of finesse and culture is what you are after this weekend, then the orchestra performance would be the perfect choice to immerse yourself in an enchanted evening of classical music. Tickets range from $20 to $70 depending on seating. More information can be found at .

The multitalented stand-up comedian Jim David will be appearing at the Laughing Skull Lounge this weekend. With a history of appearances at venues worldwide and various major televisions networks such as Comedy Central, Showtime and NBC, David is an experienced performer who has stood the test of time with his free-form conversational comedy. His jokes are often centered on social or political commentaries wrapped within the art of storytelling. With tickets ranging from $15 to $23, this performance could make for a great night of inexpensive entertainment. More information can be found at .

Never thought that love, romance and humor can all coexist within the cruel and harsh world of the law? Fair Use, the new romantic comedy play that is making its world premiere on the stages of Actor’s Express, tells the hilarious story of a love triangle in a law firm amidst a series of profound legal cases. Audience reviews from the show’s previewing were highly positive, and the mixture of sexual politics and professionalism combined with the show’s humorous disposition makes this play a highly recommended experience for all lovers of highbrow humor. Tickets cost between $20 and $25 with student ID. More information can be found at .

The Masquerade is featuring Gainesville ska punk band Less Than Jake tonight. Originally formed back in 1992 and with eight full length albums out to date, Less Than Jake is a very experienced and accomplished group defined by their upbeat rhythm and walking bass line. The band’s musical style is a combination of jazz, punk and pop reminiscent of the sounds of Sublime (with less emphasis on the reggae elements), Bowling for Soup and Yellowcard. Tickets are $20 in advance and more information can be found on .