City Scene

The Fabulous Fox Theatre is currently hosting a week-long performance of the musical . With music and lyrics by the talented Lin-Manuel Miranda, was nominated for 13 Tony Awards in 2008, winning four, including Best Musical. With a story set in a Puerto Rican New York community, the show incorporates a musical style composed of different genres of salsa, hip-pop and soul. With only three more performances before leaves the Fox Theatre and Atlanta, this is an experience that musical fanatics will not want to miss. Shows will be running all weekend with tickets between $36 and $65. More information and tickets are available at .

Hardcore rockers rejoice as All that Remains, one of the more commercially successful American metalcore bands, gets set to perform at the Masquerade this Saturday night. Within a genre defined by its mixture of hardcore punk and extreme metal, All that Remains puts more emphasis on the melodic components of their music. If you are frustrated by the slow grind of Tech life or simply enjoy moshing to head banging music, this performance might just be the perfect choice for you this weekend. Tickers are $18.50 in advance, cash only at the box office. Doors open at 7 p.m. More information and tickets available at .

If a more refined and relaxed experience is what you seek this weekend, consider “Leonardo da Vinci: Hand of the Genius,” an exhibition currently on display at the High Museum of Art. The exhibit is composed of three sections representing the different stages of Leonardo da Vinci’s life as a sculptor, a student and a mentor. Over 50 pieces of work will be displayed at the exposition, roughly 20 of which will be shown in the United States for the first time. Admission is $15 with student ID. More information, museum hours and ticket reservations are available at .

The Tabernacle will be featuring mainstream bands Boys Like Girls and Cobra Starship this Sunday night. Boys Like Girls is a pop-punk band from Boston that has a light touch compared to bands of the same genre and is reminiscent of the sounds of 90s pop rock. Cobra Starship is a pop-rock band known for their rhythmic beats that incorporates elements of sync pop. If the sweat and the darkness of extreme metal aren’t to your liking, this performance is the perfect alternative for your weekend plans. Doors open at 5:30pm. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the box office. More information and tickets are available at .