Your Top Hits: The Land Before Time

There are countless animated icons from back in the day that helped shape our childhoods. Classic Disney heroes and heroines made us yearn to be like our beloved storybook characters that traveled to far-off lands and went on great adventures.

The Land Before Time is one classic example of adventure and excitement. Jenny Drinkard, a second-year ID and INTA student, recalls this old favorite.

“Who could possibly forget Little Foot, Petrie, Cera, Spike and Ducky? I always felt an intense psychological connection to Spike during times of conflict—he would avoid it at all costs by hiding behind shrubbery; I still do that to this day. It also taught me an important way to handle unwanted social situations: ‘Threehorns never play with Long Necks’ or ‘My father told me that Flatheads have very small brains.’ But my personal favorite quote would be Ducky’s words of encouragement: ‘Petrie, do not feel sad. It is all right. Many things cannot fly. Rocks, trees, sticks, Spike…’ Though, while the first one is a classic, it got a little ridiculous after 17 sequels.”

Do you think all the new stuff coming out is garbage? Do you long for the music and movies of yesteryear? Then you won’t want to miss out on this opportunity to reminisce!

Each week we’ll feature your top hits of all time. To submit something, e-mail us at [email protected].