Who we are

Since 1911, the Technique has been the Georgia Institute of Technology’s student newspaper. We publish a paper weekly with news, focus, opinions, entertainment, and sports sections.

Our Mission

The purpose of the Technique is to serve the campus community by providing information, analysis and opinions that reflect the needs and interests of the student body at Georgia Tech.

Where we are

The Technique office is located in Room 137 of the Student Services building, which is also known as the “flag” building because of the colorful flags that hang in its atrium. The Student Services building is across from the Student Center and next to the Robert Ferst Center for the Arts.

Room 137 is on the first floor – from the atrium, go down the hall between the elevator and vending machines and then turn right.

How you can get involved

There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with the Technique. No previous experience is necessary – we will teach you everything you need to know.

Write for us

Most students join the Technique to write. Because Georgia Tech has no journalism school, any majors or degree levels are welcome to write for the Technique.

As a writer for the Technique, you can contribute to one or more of the newspaper’s sections: news, life, opinions, entertainment, and sports.

Other opportunities

If you want to edit copy, design artwork, work on our website, draw editorial cartoons, or manage advertising, you have a place at the Technique.

Join Us!

Click here and fill out the form if you are interested in joining our staff or would like more information!

Editorial Board

Below is a list of the members on the 2014 – 2015 Editorial Board staff. If you are unsure who to contact, contact the Editor-in-Chief.

[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]
[author_info email=”[email protected]”]

If you need to reach the Editor-in-Chief directly, please call 404-894-2831.

Georgia Tech Student Media Staff

Director of Student Media

Mac Pitts (404.894.7732)