Ramblin’ With Robert Carter

Photo by John Nakano / Freshman forward Robert Carter has played a big role for Tech this season. Carter has started all nineteen games for Tech and is averaging 10.1 points per game and 6.7 rebounds per game.

Technique: What’s the biggest difference between the high school and the college game?

Carter: The pace of the game is much faster and the players are a lot better.

Technique: The season obviously hasn’t started off as everyone hoped it would, what are the biggest areas you think the team needs to improve?

Carter: We just have to continue to grow everyday and keep playing as a team.

Technique: What are some areas of your game that you would like to improve?

Carter: I want to improve my all around game, especially knocking down more shots and improving my rebounding. Just anything I can do to help the team win.

Technique: What was it like playing at Cameron Indoor for the first time?

Carter: It was definitely crazy. It’s a well-known place for fans being a part of the game. The fans there were definitely active in the game, but it was a really cool experience.

Technique: Growing up, was there an NBA player you tried to model your game after?

Carter: No, I didn’t really try to model my game after anybody. Growing up, I just tried to get better at everything.

Technique: What is the most challenging part of being a student athlete at Tech?

Carter: Just being an athlete and a student. Tech is one of most academic based schools in the country, and being an athlete and having the academic workload can get pretty intense sometimes.

Technique: What do you hope to accomplish with the basketball program while at Tech?

Carter: Just to rebuild the program and get us back to a national championship level. I want us to be consistently winning ACC Championships and contending for National Championships.

Technique: During the recruiting process, what was it about Tech that made you decide to come here?

Carter: Just the program, the coaching staff and the team. I just felt at home on my visit and I just wanted to help rebuild the program.

Technique: How exciting was it for you to be able to start off your college career in the brand new arena?

Carter: It was very exciting. That was a big part of me deciding to come here. Getting to start off in a brand new home, I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t want to do that. It was a great experience. We had fun, and we got the victory.

Technique: Who’s the funniest player on the team?

Carter: There are a couple of them. Chris Bolden, Stacey Poole and Aaron Peek are all pretty funny.

Technique: If you could spend a day with any one person, who would it be?

Carter: Probably Michael Jordan. Just to see what he did to make him one of the greatest players of all time.