Snoddy sets Tech 60-meter record

Photo by Josh Sandler

The men’s and women’s track and field teams travelled to Birmingham, Ala. this past Saturday to participate in the Auburn Indoor Invitational, and set a few school records during the meet. Freshman sprinter Broderick Snoddy, who is also a running back on the football team, broke the school record in the 60-meter dash with a time of 6.75 seconds. The time was good for fifth place in the event, while also besting senior Perron Jones’s record of 6.77 seconds set last year. Snoddy also finished fifth in the 200-meter with a time of 21.51 seconds.

Senior Shawn Roberts broke the meet record in the mile, finishing first in the event with a time of 4:07.42. Sophomore Zack Fanelty and junior Cole Jackob competed in the 800-meter, finishing in seventh and tenth respectively.

For the women, freshman Maria Boff and sophomore Laura Serres competed in the mile, while freshman Donjhae Jones finished the 60-meter hurdles in 9.01 seconds. Senior Elena Hubbard and sophomore Diana Pressel ran well in the 3000-meter, with Hubbard cutting ten seconds off her previous time in that event. Sophomore Samantha Becker tied her personal best in the pole vault with a leap of 3.70 meters, while the 4×400-meter relay team took tenth.