Women’s Basketball Schedule Preview

After a weak nonconference schedule last year, Tech starts off with a top-10 opponent in 2008.

UCONN is perennially a top-10 team and has won their conference regular season championship or tournament title every year since 1993.

During that streak, the Huskies also won five national championships, including three in a row from 2002-2004.

The Blue Devils held Tech to 47 points last season, Tech’s lowest point total of the season, and won by 26 points.

Against Duke, Tech has lost by less than 20 points just once, in 2006 when the Devils beat Tech 67-59 at Alexander Memorial Coliseum.

The Jackets will look to beat Duke for the first time under MaChelle Joseph.

Last year, the Jackets gave the Bulldogs a wake-up call in Athens when they led Georgia down the stretch.

Unfortunately, the Jackets would lose the lead for good after the four minute mark when Meggan Darrah hit a three point basket.

Tech would tie the game twice afterwards, but was never able to reclaim the lead.

Last season, the Jackets dropped a 103-101 double overtime game to the Cavaliers and a 52-43 decision in the ACC tournament.

The Jackets won one game after their loss to UVA in Charlottesville–a first round ACC tournament victory over Miami.

The Jackets hope to close out the regular season with a victory and momentum going into the postseason ACC and NCAA tournaments.

STAR PLAYER:

ALEX MONTGOMERY

Sophomore • Forward

Montgomery started 26 games as a freshman and averaged 10.8 points per game and added 5.4 rebounds per contest Playing 27.1 minutes,

Montgomery also had 25 blocks and 53 steals over the course of the season.

Nov. 16 UCONN

Nov. 29-30 FAU Thanksgiving Classic

Dec. 13 Oregon

Dec. 18-20 Bahamas Sunsplash Shootout

Jan. 12 Miami

Jan. 18 Florida State

Jan. 25 Duke

Feb. 3 Wake Forest

Feb. 11 Savannah State

Feb. 15 North Carolina

Feb. 22 Clemson

Feb. 26 Virginia Tech

Mar. 5-8 ACC Tournament