Men’s tennis team falls to Wake Forest, 5-2

Tech’s men’s tennis team fell to Wake Forest on Sunday up in Winston-Salem, N.C., 5-2. This drops the Jackets overall record to 11-9 and 1-6 in ACC play.

The loss extended the teams’ losing streak to four in a row. March was a rough month for the Jackets as seven of their nine total losses came during the month, and they were only able to pick up three victories.

Tech dropped the doubles point, losing two of three to Wake. Freshman Guillermo Gomez and senior George Gvelesiani took the only Tech doubles victory over Carlos Salmon and Andrew Brasseaux, 8-3. Senior Scott Blackmon and Freshman Ryan Smith fell to No. 14 Steven Forman and Cory Parr 8-3. Freshman Migel Muruguza and freshman Eliot Potvin fell to Jason Morgenstern and Mariusz Adamski 8-6. Parr defeated senior David North when North retired after going down 3-1 in the first set. Morgenstern picked up a victory over Smith in two sets 6-1, 6-3. Gvelesiani fell to Brasseaux in two sets, 6-3 ,6-1. Adamski defeated Blackmon in two sets, 6-3, 7-5, and clinched the victory for the Demon Deacons.

Potvin picked up the first point for Tech when he defeated Jonathan Wolff in two sets 6-2, 7-6. After winning the first set 7-6, Gomez fell to Forman in the second set 4-6. Gomez rebounded in the third set tiebreaker to take the match.

The team looks to reestablish a foothold as they host their next two matches at home. Today, the Jackets take on Boston College and on Sunday the Jackets take on Maryland. The match against Maryland will be Senior Day.