Golf places No. 4 at US Collegiate in Ga.

Tech finished No. 4 in the third annual US Collegiate Championship. It was one of the few times they played at home this season, visiting the Golf Club of Georgia in Alpharetta, Ga.

As a whole, the team’s final score was an 11-over-par 875, but was not able to match leader USC. The Trojans won the championship with a score of 864.

No. 68 Junior Cameron Tringale placed No. 5 in the top-10 in the individual standings. It is his third top-10 placement of the four tournaments they have played this year.

His first round was his best, where he shot a 69. Each subsequent day saw two strokes added from his previous score, eventually finishing with an average of 71 and a 213 total. This was five strokes off of the individual lead.

The next highest Tech finisher was junior Tayler Hall, who had Tech’s overall best round. He finished the tournament tied for No. 21, but the highlight was a score of 68 on the last day of competition.

Sophomore Chesson Hadley rounded out the group of Jackets finishing in the top-30 of individual players, finishing tied for No. 28 in the standings.

Junior David Dragoo, junior Adam Cohan and freshman Paul Haley finished No. 51, No. 73 and No. 61, respectively, to round out the rest of the team.

The golf team plays their final regular season tournament next weekend at Augusta, Ga. for the Champions Retreat Golf Club. They then enter a stretch of tournaments like the ACC Championship, the NCAA Regionals and the NCAA Championships.