Why are we still arguing about allowing gay marriage?

Licensed under Creative Commons 2.0. Attribution StephenLukeEdD at flickr.com

Why are we still arguing about allowing gay marriage? Who cares who marries whom? It’s a question that baffles me, but I’ve thought about it for a while now and the only logical answer I can come up with is that some people just have nothing better to do with their time than to bring down others.

I know for a fact that each and every one of us has way more problems in our own lives to worry about than two guys getting together with their loved ones on some beach with a few bottles of champagne and symbolically acknowledging their love with one another. No disrespect to those two guys, but I’ve got a research paper due in a week that is a much bigger concern in my life.

To say gay marriage degrades society is just silly. Turn on your computer and browse the internet for a few minutes. We’re already there.

So why the huge backlash? Why aren’t these same people protesting other sins? Why not protest the eating of shellfish like Leviticus 11:10 tells us to? Every- one knows lobsters are the tiny red spawns of Satan. God forbid those protesters are wearing polyester (Leviticus 19:19) or they too are helping bring about the collapse of civilization as we know it.

I honestly believe these people just have nothing better to do than negate the happiness of others. And in the end, it’s not like banning gay marriage is going to stop people from being gay, so it seems like the war is already lost.

Get over it, let people be happy and enjoy your own life while you’ve got the chance.