The Standard officially opens

Photo by Samta Brahmbhatt

The Standard, a brand new off-campus student apartment complex located alongside Tech Square at the intersection of Spring and 3rd Street, will open its Phase I Lease period next week on Sept. 14 at 9 a.m.

Details about The Standard were released Wednesday at a publicity event in the Barrelhouse, including the starting price of $1029 per bedroom for basic floorplans. In this first phase of leasings, leases that last from Aug. 2018 to July 2019 will be sold to a maximum of 250 students.

The Standard has the capacity to hold 750 students across 257 different apartments.

The Standard, branded as a luxury living space, is marketed toward Georgia Tech and GSU students who wish to live off campus in an environment replete with several amenities.

Every apartment comes with a flat screen TV, high-speed Internet and cable and its own washer and dryer. Additionally, The Standard will have fitness facilities, a rooftop pool, a clubhouse with private study rooms and retail options that include a Starbucks café on the first floor.

Floorplans include 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom suites, and include a premium option adds a pool table to the unit.

The Standard will compete with similar luxury apartments located in Tech Square, including
University House and Square on Fifth, both of which opened in 2015.