Six Finalists named for InVenture

Photo by Kelvin Kuo

Six finalists for this year’s InVenture Prize were announced on Feb. 10.

FireHUD is a monitor which tracks and reports data to firefighters about their environments, which are often chaotic and difficult to assess.

FretWizard is an intuitive website which teaches users how to play songs of varying difficulties on the guitar.

RoboGoalie is a device which retrieves soccer balls and launches them back to soccer players practicing alone, much like one would experience in a batting cage.

TEQ Charging is a system used to increase the efficiency of electric vehicle charging by streamlining the charging process and lowering the installation costs of charging stations.

TruePahni is a water storage device coupled with a passive antimicrobial cup, designed to filter out harmful waterborne microbes.

Wobble is a tool for testing return-to-play protocols for concussed athletes and fall risks for elderly, operating much like a mechanical bull to test various levels of reactive balance adjustments.

The InVenture Prize’s finale will take place at 7:30 p.m. on March 16 at the Ferst Center and will be broadcasted live by Georgia Public Broadcasting. The finalists will each have a chance to pitch their inventions.

The first and second place winners will receive $20,000 and $10,000 prizes respectively as well as free U.S. Patent filings and startup assistance from Tech.

A People’s Choice Award of $5,000 will be additionally be awarded to the winners of an audience vote, to be conducted by text message during the InVenture finale itself.

Tickets to the finale are free but must be requested through the InVenture website.