National engineering education society honors Tech director

The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) announced the chair of its Professional Interest Council to be Tech’s Patricia Bazrod. Bazrod currently serves as the Director of the Division of Professional Practice (DoPP) Internship and Graduate Co-op programs at Tech.

The ASEE enhances professional opportunities for students and faculty in engineering institutions. The society is a network of deans and faculty members of over 400 engineering colleges, along with representatives of the government and over 50 corporations. As an ASEE chair, Bazrod will facilitate interaction among engineering educators and industries to represent their interests on the ASEE board.

With over 20 years of experience in cooperative education, Bazrod has served for the Cooperative Education Division (CED) of the ASEE since 1984, working in multiple leadership positions, including the organization’s Archivist. In addition to the ASEE, Bazrod has also held membership in the Cooperative Education and Internship Association, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the World Association for Cooperative Education (WACE) and the Accreditation Council for Cooperative Education.

At Tech, Bazrod directs the nation’s largest graduate cooperative education program, with an around 800 graduate students in the program. For her work in cooperative education, Bazrod received the CED Borman Award for outstanding service.

“To have the opportunity on a daily basis…to witness the realizations students have about themselves, their strengths and weaknesses and their growth – both personally and professionally – is rewarding to say the least. I have the ultimate dream job,” Bazrod said in her online DoPP profile.